Monday, December 15, 2008

a day of surprises

Surprise #1: It is 73 degrees outside, but it's 26 degrees in Lubbock and 27 degrees in the DFW. I wore a light cardigan to walk to work and was burning up. NUTS!

Surprise #2: I checked grades today. I have, of course, an "I" in 17th Century Lit, because I still haven't STARTED putting words on the page for my paper. Fantastic. BUT! The surprising part? I made an A in not only Louisiana French & Bilingualism (I figured I'd make an A in that one...) but also in Old French & Medieval Lit... I almost PASSED out when I saw that. I mean really. This in the class in which I would have been happy to scrape by with a B. This in the class in which we read documents in the original Old French, that really was a different language to me. Nuts. I can't believe it, but I'm happy. I'll take it.

Well, now I'm off to Highland Coffees to see if I can start on this paper... we'll see! :) (I better get on it... I leave Baton Rouge on Friday!)

No comments: